Finance Clerk, Namibia (Local Hire), Global Health
Join a highly professional, innovative, international team that is committed to making a difference in the health status of the people of Namibia. Project HOPE Namibia (PHN) is a registered Welfare organization with the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS) and have been implementing programs in Namibia since 2002.
PHN intends to fill the following vacancy on a fixed term contractual basis.
The Finance Clerk will manage the day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality,
excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important requirements for this position, as well as the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Certificate in Accounting or related field;
- 1 - 2 years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger;
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles;
- Adequate experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks; and
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations.