Project HOPE is currently seeking an operational research consultant with subject matter expertise in the field of TB/ MDR TB to support a short-term project in support of the USAID TB Control Program (TBCP). The USAID TB Control Program (USAID TBCP) is a five-year Program implemented by Project HOPE in two countries of Central Asia – Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. The purpose of the Program is to ensure more effective and more accessible tuberculosis (TB) diagnosis and treatment for all, including vulnerable populations, so as to reduce the burden of TB and the development of drug-resistant TB in Central Asia.
Conduct operational research to assess the effectiveness of the USAID TB Control Program activities related to community involvement in the detection and treatment of TB in the pilot areas of the program and develop recommendations for further improvement and expansion:
· Develop methodology to conduct operational research on community engagement on TB
· Prepare questionnaires and agree with national and international stakeholders;
· Conduct the research in selected districts of the country;
· Present the results of research at country level;
· Prepare and submit a detailed report on the research.
· Report on research
· Presentation of research results at national level.
· Master/University degree in health, public health, social sciences, communications;
· Minimum five years of experience in designing and conducting researches on community engagement in health issues;
· Good knowledge of community engagement, behavior change communication, social mobilization in tuberculosis;
· Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
· Ability and willingness to travel internationally and locally;
· Able to work efficiently and promptly with team members and stakeholders;
· Fluency in English, good knowledge of Russian or Tajik is an asset;
· Excellent computer skills, including WS office and statistical software.
Period of Performance: 45 days with target date of July-August, 2018
Location of Performance: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
About Project HOPE: Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered.