Strategic Information Advisor, Namibia (Local Hire), Global Health
49 Burg Street, Trinity Stone Building
Windhoek, 32, 9000
Join a highly professional, innovative, international team that is committed to making a difference in the health status of the people of Namibia. Project HOPE Namibia (PHN) is a registered Welfare organization with the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS) and have been implementing programs in Namibia since 2002.
PHN intends to fill the following vacancy on the condition that funds are available.
The Strategic Information (SI) Advisor reports to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for establishing and coordinating a functional Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting system for DREAMS Initiative Namibia program. S/he will lead the technical team to produce quarterly, semi-annual and annual quantitative and narrative reports, including relevant information on lessons learnt, challenges encountered and opportunities identified for improvement. S/he will be responsible for designing and implementing operational researches and program evaluations.
· Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Informatics or a health-related field is required;
· At least 10 years of professional work experience in health and HIV/AIDS program implementation of service delivery;
· Demonstrated computer skills in Epi Info, SPSS, GIS and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and advanced skills in the use of analytical tools;
· High degree of familiarity with community based data bases such as DHIS 2 – its use, customization, and interoperability of related data management platforms including REDCap;
· Demonstrated results with capacity building/training, and implementing training programs and workshops in Monitoring, Evaluation and Research;
· Demonstrated experience building capacity for data driven information use;
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation of PEPFAR or USAID-funded programs;
· Demonstrated competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
· Strong writing, editing, and formatting skills;
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative and to be flexible depending on changing priorities and deadlines; and
· Fluency in English.
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.