Country Director, Namibia (Local Hire), Global Health
49 Burg Street, Trinity Stone Building
Windhoek, 32, 9000
Join a highly professional, innovative, international team that is committed to making a difference in the health status of the people of Namibia. Project HOPE Namibia (PHN) is a registered Welfare organization with the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS) and have been implementing programs in Namibia since 2002.
PHN intends to fill the following vacancy on the condition that funds are available.
The COUNTRY DIRECTOR will provide vision, leadership, and oversight to all for Project HOPE Namibia. Work effectively with partners including various government, corporate, and community-based entities. Provide oversight of program administration and financial management of Project HOPE Namibia.
Oversees all staff represent Project HOPE Namibia before government authouities, US government agencies, UN agencies, other NGOs/PVOs, other donor agencies and partners. Serve as main liaison and ensure continuous communication between PHN Board of Directors, Project HOPE US and country
program leadership. Ensure dissemination and compliance with Project HOPE Namibia mission statement and guidelines. Direct program development in line with strategy and goals.
· Minimum 10 years management and technical experience.
· Demonstrated roficiency in leadership, HR and project management, as well as strategic planning
· Demonstrable leadership, organizational, managerial and communication skills
· Demonstrated proficiency in building relationships with government partners as well as private and community organizations
· Master’s degree or equivalent in a health or related medical or social science field preferred
· Experience with NGOs in Namibia as well as southern/sub-Saharan Africa.
· Strong communication skills and proven ability to build effective teams.
· Fluency in English as well as local language(s)
· Ability to travel approximately 40% of time.
· Demonstrated experience with USAID/CDC/PEPFAR and other bilateral and multilateral public donors