Are you interested in a career with an organization that has global impact? Would you like to support a mission that improves and saves lives?
Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Our 60-year legacy has helped build hundreds of health programs worldwide that shape interventions for long-term solutions.
If you have the passion, compassion and expertise to contribute to our team, join our committed group of professionals as we help people help themselves.
The Director, Major Gifts is responsible for Developing and implementing and aggressive strategy and plan to grow individual giving at the +$10,000 level. The Director, Major Gifts will continue to build a major gift program including developing and implementing a sophisticated program to identify, research, cultivate, solicit, and steward potential and current individuals who are major gift prospects. The Director is responsible for direct solicitation of gifts as well as managing the leadership team’s coordination of solicitation and stewardship of board members, staff and key partners.
· Developing and implementing a strategic annual plan for individual major gift giving activities, as well as accompanying budgets and income goals.
· Developing mechanisms and steps to identify new prospects; researching and maintaining individual donor profiles on qualified prospects and donors (individuals); developing and implementing cultivation strategies; soliciting qualified prospects and developing stewardship strategies/benefits for donors.
· Developing relationships and engaging current prospective donors; donor personal visits, extensive communication by phone and letter in order to build a relationship with the donor.
· Responsible for implementing a comprehensive donor advancement plan working closely with the mass market team. This will include direct marketing program implementation (that may include mail, phone, internet, and advertising) and evaluating results.
· Managing the identification, training, motivation, and recognition of leadership.
· Designing and directing staff training in major gift prospect management and solicitation; setting qualitative and quantitative prospect management standards for volunteers and staff.
· Supervising appropriate special events related to individual major gift donors.
· Supporting and providing additional recommendations regarding acknowledgement and cultivation activities for prospects, donors and volunteers.
· Providing expertise on drafting and implementing campaign plans, communication materials; assessing the feasibility of fundraising projects and special campaigns.
· Bachelor’s Degree (Certified Fundraising Executive preferred), and 7-10 years related experience in major gifts or an equivalent combination of related training and relevant experience.
· Proven track record in individual major gift and/or planned giving fundraising to support charitable and/or advocacy needs.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships.
· Excellent organizational, writing, and research skills.
· Experience in supervising fundraising staff.