255 Carter Hall Lane, Millwood
Millwood, Virginia, 22646
Are you interested in a career with an organization that has global impact? Would you like to support a mission that improves and saves lives?
Project HOPE is an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Our 60-year legacy has helped build hundreds of health programs worldwide that shape interventions for long-term solutions.
If you have the passion, compassion and expertise to contribute to our team, join our committed group of professionals as we help people help themselves.
Project HOPE is currently looking to fill the role of Assistant Vice President (AVP), Development. Reporting to the Chief Development/Communications Officer, this position would serve as a departmental leader within the team. The AVP is responsible for managing the individual fundraising programs and personnel. In addition, this position serves as the leadership gift officer and will lead the strategy for mass market, Mid Level, Major Gifts and Planned Giving.
Other areas of responsibility include -
- Managing relationships with HOPE’s Top Major Gift donors, including stewardship calls and visits and carrying a portfolio and subsequent giving.
- Serving as the primary departmental point of contact with Global Heath regional and technical staff and field staff on proposal development, donor relationship management.
- Participating as a member of the organizational long-term strategic planning group; Go-to-market strategy meeting; Pipeline committee lead; and Brand stewardship committee.
- Engage in the community as the primary HOPE representative with various civic organizations.
- Ensure all donor journey and channel life cycles are highly optimized for all constituents: including offline and online channels.
- Make donor visits and assist in planning and scheduling donor trips for senior executives, as appropriate.
- Coordinate budget planning and tracking activities, MOVES donor/prospect management, and DevComm Board reporting for the department.
-College degree required with graduate work/degree preferred in related field.
-Minimum ten years development experience with several types of fundraising.
-Development experience in the international arena a plus.
-Must be results-oriented and good at multi-tasking under pressure.
-Substantial experience in staff management and development.
-Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
-Must have solid decision-making skills.