Are you a Director of IT Infrastructure and Applications looking to join a global dynamic organization? Project HOPE has an exciting opportunity for you!
Our Director of IT Infrastructure and Applications will be accountable for the overall technical direction and support of the IT infrastructure and applications for Project HOPE. The primary objectives of the position is to drive quality in Project HOPE’s technology operations, develop service orientation, and position and enable the company for growth through digital scale. Direct and participate in the vision, planning, design, implementation and support of all network, systems, data analytics, telephony and security. This leader will manage a small team and several vendors, and ensure smooth operations of all technology infrastructure and applications.
Our headquarters are located in the beautiful area of Millwood, Virginia (about 10 miles from Winchester).
Key responsibilities include:
1. Develop, implement and maintain state-of-the-art technologies for the organization’s data and voice networks, and systems. Responsible for end-user services, including 24x7 support for infrastructure, applications and collaboration tools. Maintains a feasible links to the Internet and enforces standards that provide secure access to all offices. Ensure that all office data is secure from viruses, thefts and acts of sabotage.
2. Address the enterprise reporting and analysis needs of the organization. Design, develop, implement, enhance and maintain business intelligence software, to include data mining and analysis, scorecards, dashboards and reporting etc.
3. Direct and monitor the Help Desk team in their day-to-day activities and ensure prompt and proper resolutions are provided to the user community. Provide high-level hands-on technical assistance to the user community as needed. Serve as a key escalation point for the resolution of IT customer service issues.
4. Develop and maintain a disaster recovery plan and impose security programs for technical operations. Develop procedural documentation and standards to ensure consistency throughout the organization. Ensure that the staff follows the Internet Usage Policy. Develop and enforce policies and procedures to ensure protection of the organization’s assets.
5. Provide a full range of personnel management functions for the IT staff, including career development, staff retention, interpersonal relationships between departments and performance reviews.
6. Seek to inform him/herself about the compliance environment of the job and lead by example to ensure compliance is top of mind in all dealings. Ensure all activities for self and others on the team are in alignment with applicable laws, rules and policies.
What we are looking for:
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
2. Technical certifications (e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, etc.) required.
3. Ten+ years experience managing an information systems department, including technical staff and general operations.
4. Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or applicable law.
5. Ten+ years of experience in LAN/WAN design, installation, and maintenance for networks greater than 1000 nodes.
6. Must have demonstrated experience with core Microsoft technologies including Windows, Office 365, Azure, SharePoint and VMware.
7. Experience with client-server technologies including, ERP/CRM applications and databases while managing quality assurance, reporting, and troubleshooting.
8. Must have track record of successfully managing change, process improvement, and operational performance.
9. Must be able to build, retain and manage a highly skilled and motivated team.
What we value:
1. A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
2. Ability to think ahead and plan strategically.
3. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
4. Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
5. Strong customer orientation.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered. Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/