Operations Accountant (Employment)
255 Carter Hall Lane
Millwood, Virginia, 22646
Are you an Operations Accountant professional with experience in a Global Finance team? Project HOPE has an exciting new opportunity for you!
Our Global Finance Team directs and oversees all finance, grants and sub award management for multiple projects and regions around the world.
You will lead the following efforts for all assigned programs within our team’s initiatives:
- Assist in monthly closing process, ensuring that deadlines are met:
- Review and input of Quickbooks Imprest files into the project management and general ledger systems;
- Review requests for replenishment of cash accounts, prepare wire request form.
- Analyze and reconcile all cash accounts for assigned field sites;
- Manually recognize revenue for all projects not included in revenue recognition rules tables. Perform differed revenue analysis. Verify that automatic revenue recognition process is working correctly;
- Review results of the closing process and adjust activity as necessary.
- Review field financial reports and back-up to ensure that expenditures comply with the grant document and related regulations.
- Review Balance Sheet Accounts (Advances/Prepaid/Liabilities, etc.)
- Provide support to Senior Operations Accountant, Regional Directors and Program Managers in the understanding of financial activity, including budget variances, and its implications for program management as well as ad hoc reporting.
- Assist in year-end closing activities such as accruals, fixed asset inventories and assist with audit samples.
- Manage filing for the department. Initiate new project set-up and maintain project files.
- Process vendor payments and collect Head Quarter paid documentation (travel, vendors, consultants)
- Assist in preparation of required donor reports in accordance with their requirements.
- Assist in budgeting process and upload board budget and grant budget in financial system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position located in Millwood, VA (about 15 minutes from Winchester and Berryville)
- BA/BS in Accounting, including at least one year experience in general ledger, financial accounting, preferably not-for-profit or government contracting.
- Understanding of and experience with federal financial compliance, contracting, and auditing requirements as detailed in OMB Circulars.
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of Excel including pivot table and look-up.
- Demonstrated ability to use large scale automated accounting systems.
- Direct experience in performing and reviewing fund and account balance reconciliations as well as preparing and reviewing ledger entries, adjustments and accruals.
- Experience in preparing materials for and responding to end-of-year audits.
- Experience in creating or modifying accounting or reporting procedures and policies to ensure proper financial control and data integrity.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in preparing and/or reviewing financial statements, including variance analysis, as well as the ability to explain these to persons with little financial acumen.
- Ability to work well under pressure, organize and set priorities, meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered.
Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/