Chief of Party, USAID TB Control Program
59, Mustakillik Str.
Project HOPE is seeking a long term, full-time Chief of Party (COP) to provide leadership to USAID CAR TB program.
The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. He/she will be the primary liaison for the project with USAID, other donors and institutions, implementing partners, technical agencies and other stakeholders, ensuring alignment and harmonization with other programming where appropriate, including public / private sector partnerships. He/she will be responsible for the successful implementation of the program; submission of all program deliverables to USAID; and identification and resolution of issues and risks related to program implementation. He/she will oversee the development and monitoring of work plans and budgets; coordinate partner efforts in program implementation. The CoP will manage a team of senior staff and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the contract. The CoP is expected to have strong leadership qualities, technical and management expertise. S/he will also possess experience coordinating with national and local government agencies, civil society organizations and other international development groups. The position will report to Sr. Regional Director.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide overall program management, lead and guide Regional Technical Director and Program Country Directors in the implementation of program strategy and evaluation of activities.
- Ensures interventions reflect high technical quality and are in line with the Scope of Work of the contract.
- Oversee the development of annual work plans and budgets; quarterly, annual, and technical reports; ensures all operations are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, Project HOPE policy and country regulations.
- Work closely with counterparts in both the public and private sectors to achieve the project's objectives.
Present program results to USAID and the governments and to other stakeholders on country level and internationally.
- Ensure the achievement of target outcomes, results, and impact as specified in the contract.
- Ensure that findings and recommendations of USAID evaluation are addressed timely.
- Coordinate program activities with other CAR programs implemented by Project HOPE and other partners.
- Oversee budget implementation and financial management of the contract working closely with DCoP and Regional Finance Director, ensure program preparedness for USAID audit.
- Prepare program close-out plan and ensure its smooth implementation
- Minimum of seven years of Chief of Party, Program Director or equivalent, experience in managing large comprehensive and complex health programs, preferably in countries of Former Soviet Union
- A Master's degree in public health, management or other related area, or bachelor's degree with at least five years additional relevant experience;
- Demonstrated leadership success in achieving program objectives and building productive working relationships with network of partners and stakeholders
- Ability to navigate politically sensitive terrain and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse set of key stakeholders;
- Significant experience in an advisory role designing and/or instituting policy reforms at national, local and community level
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in managing USAID contracts, including programmatic evaluations, financial audit and program close-out.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills in English; Knowledge of Russian is highly desirable.
- An excellent team player with good skills in team work and consultative approach to decision making.