HIV/AIDS Strategic Information (SI) Manager - South Africa
We are currently recruiting for an Strategic Information Manager for an upcoming five-year USAID project geared towards Preventing HIV/AIDS in Vulnerable Populations in South Africa. The program’s goal is to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in South Africa through the delivery of high-impact HIV prevention, care and support services. The Activity’s objectives are to:
1) Improve the health and wellbeing of OVC, adolescents and youth who are living with, affected by and vulnerable to HIV;
2) Support school based HIV Prevention and GBV prevention;
3) Scale up effective community based violence prevention interventions; and
4) Prevent new HIV infections among priority populations.
The program will support evidence-based interventions proven to mitigate the impact of HIV on children, adolescents and their families and prevent new infections among AGYW, including those who have experienced violence, as well as among migrant and mobile populations (in select sub-districts).
You will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. You will lead Activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the geographic area of Activity, which may include overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality. You will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and support coordination with national management information system.
Local South Africans candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred;
- 8+ years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by PEPFAR;
- Demonstrated ability to be the senior technical specialist and as a senior subject matter expert in data analytics;
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare expert quality data visualizations;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make recommendations based on findings;
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting;
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources;
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered.
Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/