Tajikistan is among the 27 countries with a high risk of multi drug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) in the world. Despite the fact that the country is committed to the strategy of "Stop TB", there are still problems in the management of the program to combat tuberculosis due to insufficient knowledge of the main components of the National Strategic Plan for Population’s Protection from Tuberculosis in the Republic of Tajikistan for 2015-2020 (NSP), which was confirmed by the results of the monitoring and cohort analysis.
The overall goal of the GFATM NFM is to decrease the burden of TB and prevention of the drug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) by ensuring more effective and accessible diagnostics and treatment of TB for the whole population. We are looking for an International Training Specialist to build the capacity of NTP team on the Monitoring and Evaluation. The training agenda includes data management processes and tools, and indicators to be reported for M&E evaluation of the National Strategic Plan for Population’s Protection from Tuberculosis in the Republic of Tajikistan for 2015-2020.
1. Review the existing National Plan for Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of the National Strategic Plan (NSP) for Population’s Protection from Tuberculosis in the Republic of Tajikistan for 2015-2020
2. Development of training curricula/presentations on M&E based on adopted National M&E Plan.
3. Conduct five days’ training of NTP M&E specialists from Dushanbe and Oblasts on TB Program M&E (data management processes and tools, indicators).
4. Develop and submit mission report.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master's degree in social / public health science, or equivalent standard of education
• 7+ years of international experience in public health, TB, including involvement in development strategy and any guidelines on TB M&E, developing National TB M&E plan and protocols and programs with a focus on analysis on public health
• 7+ years of professional experience in research and analysis on TB area or Public health with good understanding planning, monitoring and evaluation of TB activities
• Experience in organizing and conducting international training in particular on the M & E component of TB programs
• Good technical skills in measurement and evaluation, including grasp of methodological and operational dimensions and the ability to link corporate and country level issues
• Excellent interpersonal, consultation, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation and presentation skills
• Excellent knowledge of English and Russian languages (writing and oral) is required
Period of Performance: The International Expert will be required to undertake one visit in December 2017. Duration of the assignment is the 10 working days including training preparation, training conduction and reports writing.
Location of Performance: Dushanbe, Tajikistan and home
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered.
Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/