Help Desk Technician
255 Carter Hall Lane
Millwood, Virginia, 22646
Are you ready to take your IT experience and interest to a different level? Project HOPE’s Global IT Operations team is currently looking for a Help Desk Technician. You will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware and software. As a Help Desk Technician, you will respond to support requests from both remote and on-site end users, vendors and customers; diagnose and isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
Our headquarters are located in the beautiful area of Millwood, Virginia (about 10 miles from Winchester).
1. Provide first- and second-tier support for all users with hardware, software, and application problems. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases. Use advanced troubleshooting skills to provide prompt resolution of IT help desk cases.
2. Provide system application maintenance and desktop publishing support using specialized applications (Adobe Creative Suite).
3. Act as a liaison between end users and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with end users during the problem resolution process. Participate in projects as needed and promote the direction and vision of the IS department.
4. Perform server administration duties as needed using applications such as Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Windows print services, VMware and Dell AppAssure. Assists in the monitoring of server applications, services, and resources to ensure efficient operation.
5. Support the PBX and voice mail systems, making additions, deletions and changes to user configurations. Maintain accurate documentation on circuit IDs, numbers, location of circuits and vendors.
6. Interface with representatives of various carriers to install and repair wide area network facilities. This includes leased lines, Internet service, and other data transmission services as required. Also works with other vendors (T-Mobile, HP) on problem resolution.
7. Provides training to end users for services such as office phones, laptops, desktop PCs, printers, copiers, faxes and mobile devices (BlackBerry, iPhone, Android).
8. Provides IT orientation to new staff hires upon their arrival.
9. Review and recommend modifications of procedures with senior IT staff.
10. Other responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Technical certifications (e.g., A+, Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCNA, etc.).
3. Three+ years experience with Windows Server administration (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint) and Windows desktop support (Windows 7/8/10) including Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and Adobe Creative Suite, printer and copier hardware support.
4. Experience with anti-virus/anti-malware programs, data backup/disaster recovery software, network server software, virtual private networks (VPN).
5. Experience with PBX equipment and VOIP.
6. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
What we value:
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Strong customer service skills, proven problem-solving and troubleshooting ability.
• Self-starter with attention to detail and timelines
• Efficient and flexible
• Professional, diplomatic, reliable and highly organized
• Ability to be a team player and work in a dynamic work environment; must be flexible to changing priorities
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered.
Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/