Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager - Puerto Rico
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for setting up and manage monitoring and evaluation systems to track key indicators and measure impact across disaster relief programs. A priority area of focus is capacity building in M&E and the institutionalization of M&E systems and standards for the purpose of improving programmatic quality and program development efforts organization-wide. Specific responsibilities include developing and implementing an effective M&E strategy for the organization; providing technical assistance and support in M&E; reviewing, developing and coordinating organization-wide systems for M&E, including documentation and sharing of results; and fostering organizational learning in, and commitment to, M&E as an integral part of quality programming, program management, and organizational development.
The M&E Manager will ensure Project HOPE is represented in a positive and professional manner by completing each project on time and on schedule, interacting positively with colleagues, maintaining tools and focusing on safety in the warehouse and at each job site.
• Identify current M&E needs, priorities, and resources at IO and in the field
• Identify and advocate for resources to implement M/E strategy
• Foster coordination and collaboration for cost effective and efficient planning and implementation
• Strengthen organizational capacity in application of state of the art M&E methods and techniques, including program/project/study design
• Closely collaborate with staff and/or facilitate the design of programs, projects, and studies, including review and provision of feedback on selected program/project/study designs, survey methodology and findings; performance monitoring plans, evaluation methodology and findings.
• Identify opportunities for and provide technical assistance in design and implementation of Operations Research studies
• Assist in the coordination, design and implementation of selected project mid-term and final evaluations
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years experience in a M&E capacity
• Understanding and experience in qualitative and quantitative data gathering
• Demonstrated strength in capacity building in M&E
• Experience and capacity in institutionalizing M&E systems and standards throughout an organization
• Proven leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Spanish preferred but not required.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate tasks effectively
• Ability to perform physical labor, occasionally strenuous
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
• High regard for safety
• Valid and current Driver’s license
Location: Puerto Rico
Requires Immediate Availability
Duration: 3-6 months
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered.
Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/