Logistics Manager - Puerto Rico
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for overall logistics, procurement and supply chain management in country, including fleet management. He/She will efficiently procure materials, prepare and deliver orders, and schedule pick-ups for each job site with a keen focus on accuracy. They work closely with vendors to procure necessary materials.
The Logistics Manager will ensure Project HOPE is represented in a positive and professional manner by completing each project on time and on schedule, interacting positively with colleagues, maintaining tools and focusing on safety in the warehouse and at each job site.
• Design Logistics country structure, build and manage a national team of professionals and deliver immediate training to enhance effectiveness and reduce reliance on international team when possible.
• Coordinate with country-based Logistics Cluster members and other organizations to optimize supply chain activities and acquisition options
• Design and deploy in-country supply chain, procurement system and high focus on procurement planning: assesses local vendors, agree with program teams on target regular supplies and tender for the implementation of Blanket Purchase Agreements.
• Provide program staff and other departments with regular updates of procurement pipeline and stock inventories through the development of daily, weekly, and monthly activity reporting
• Coordinate and manage quality control for supply chain functions, including procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of goods.
• In coordination with Program and Finance staff, provide inputs for budget design and contribute to budget management of emergency projects
• Develop and implement when possible transition strategy towards recovery and rehabilitation phase of emergency, including thorough handover of responsibilities to longer-term, non-emergency personnel
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years experience in a logistics function
• Experience hiring, training and managing staff.
• Spanish preferred but not required.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate tasks effectively
• Ability to perform physical labor, occasionally strenuous
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
• High regard for safety
• Valid and current Driver’s license
Location: Puerto Rico
Requires Immediate Availability
Duration: 3-6 months
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered.
Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/