Project HOPE has an exciting new opportunity within our Home Office Global Finance team in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia! We are looking for a Global Operations Accountant to direct and oversee all finance, grants and sub award management for our Africa region.
You will work closely with management in country, with home office and throughout the foundation to provide accurate and timely information in support of decision-making activities. Combine strong business sense with ability to think strategically and facilitate communications – oral, written and presentations – of financial performance of projects and business lines throughout the foundation.
Ability to travel up to 35% of time is a must.
Operations Accounting and Grant Compliance
1. Manage the monthly Global Health department closing process, ensuring that deadlines are met.
2. Provide support to field financial professionals with respect to internal control expectations, policies and procedures, accounting treatments, interface with HOPE Center, use of financial reports, and any other inquiries.
3. Ensure from a financial management perspective, that all grants are started up, implemented, and closed out in accordance with the terms and conditions of the grant agreements.
4. Monitor grant compliance issues on an ongoing basis to ensure that PH is complying with all the terms and conditions of the grants and other requirements.
Sub Award Manager
1. Participate in proposal review and risk assessment processes, providing input into the assessment of the eligibility and grants administration capacity of prospective grantees.
2. Analyze proposal budgets for allowability, allocability, and reasonableness.
3. Draft new and Ensure smooth management of existing grants portfolio, including timely payments, response to grantee inquiries, and efficient problem-solving.
4. Conduct routine site visits and desk reviews to ensure that grantees are in compliance with US Government or other donor regulations and/or other special requirements.
5. Maintain audit ready files for sub awards.
1. BA in Accounting required and MA in Accounting is desirable.
2. Minimum of 8 years’ experience in financial accounting for a not-for-profit or government contracting organization.
3. Demonstrated experience of managing USAID funded project accounting and operation functions including an understanding of and experience with federal financial compliance, contracting, and auditing requirements as detailed in OMB Uniform Guidance.
4. Demonstrated ability to use largescale automated accounting systems is a plus and knowledge of QuickBooks is strongly preferred.
5. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills; able to quickly understand complex business processes.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral, including presentation skills; capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and promote teamwork
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered.
Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/