49 Burg Street, Trinity Stone Building
Project HOPE Namibia is currently seeking a qualified Chief of Party as key personnel that will be filled contingent upon successful award of the anticipated DREAMS Initiative Program in Namibia (Reference RFI 673-17-000001). The position will be based in Windhoek, Namibia. Suitably qualified Namibians are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a highly professional, innovative, international team that is committed to making a difference in the health status of people around the globe.
USAID’s anticipated multi-year DREAMS Initiative program is an ambitious partnership to reduce HIV infection among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in HIV priority areas. AGYW account for over 70 percent of new HIV infections among adolescents in sub-Saharan Africa, and nearly 1,000 AGYW are infected with HIV every day. Each week in Namibia, an estimated 42 AGYW are newly infected based on epidemiological modeling of HIV new infections, the vast majority through sexual transmission.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project and report directly to the designated USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR). S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The proposed COP should possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and should have extensive experience in public/international health. S/he should have experience managing similar projects with significant management responsibility with proven ability to work with partners including host country government officials as well as other donors and stakeholders.
• Medical Doctor with Master’s Degree (or higher) in Public Health or Social Sciences is preferred;
• At least 10 years’ experience in managing complex public health programs or programs of similar scope and size;
• Solid technical knowledge in HIV/AIDS, TB and other infectious diseases, maternal and child health, Health Systems Strengthening, Quality Improvement/ Quality Assurance;
• Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description;
• Experience in managing Adolescent focused health programs;
• Experience of working in a developing country setting, preferably Southern Africa;
• Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language;
• Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience; and
• Experience with USG rules and regulations.