Are you a Senior IT Director looking to join a global dynamic organization? Project HOPE has an exciting opportunity for you!
Our Senior IT Global Director will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, control and execution of all IT functions and activities to ensure an effective, efficient and secure operation of all automated systems. You will direct and manage the IT department in order to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient computer operations to meet current and future decision making requirements. This role is responsible for Global IT Operations and is critical in ensuring that the field offices are supported to be most productive. You will provide organizational-wide direction, on-going analysis to define and solve user requirements, as well as support areas of policy, compliance, security, maintenance, development of new technical solutions and planning for existing applications and related functions (communication, office systems, inter-connectivity, applications, hardware, etc.).
Looking for a relaxing commute? Our headquarters are located in the beautiful area of Millwood, Virginia (about 10 miles from Winchester).
Key responsibilities include:
• Establish Project HOPE’s internal technical vision and lead all aspects of the organization’s technological development.
• Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports Project HOPE’s culture, mission and values.
• Conduct research on leading edge technologies, and keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
• Act as a good steward of resources and ensure control of IT department budget.
• Plan and control departmental staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities to ensure that they are consistent with the business plan of the organization.
• Establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure and safeguard information resources.
• Analyze complex business needs considered our global footprint and constraints with our hardship locations and recommend technical solutions.
• Establish a secure IT environment.
• Ensure compliance across all operations.
What we are looking for:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. At least ten year experience managing an information systems department, including technical staff, information systems development and implementation.
3. Experience and solid technical knowledge in the use and application of the most current technologies including financial applications and programs supporting development and GH applications.
4. Technical or on-the-job training in programming and hardware installation and maintenance.
1. Master’s Degree in relevant field.
2. Experience with Cognos and/or SmartStream.
3. Technical certifications (e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, etc.).
4. International experience.
What we value:
1. A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
2. Ability to think ahead and plan strategically.
3. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
4. Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
5. Strong customer orientation.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE is a global not-for-profit organization that provides solutions to the world’s most pressing health crises through innovative global health and disaster/health crises programs. Project HOPE also publishes, Health Affairs, the nation’s leading journal of health policy thought and research.
Project HOPE’s mission is to enable health care workers to have the greatest positive impact on the health of the people they serve. Founded in 1958, Project HOPE continues to be a leader in global health development and emergency relief programs. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accomplish our mission by improving the knowledge, abilities and tools of the health workforce to deliver high quality health services to communities in need. With programs around the globe, we work at the epicenter of today’s greatest health challenges including infectious and chronic diseases, disasters and health crises, maternal, neonatal and child health and the policies that impact how health care is delivered. Visit our website to learn more: http://www.projecthope.org/