Social Media Coordinator (Employment), Development and Communications
255 Carter Hall Lane
Millwood, Virginia, 22646
The Social Media Coordinator role supports the Development and Communications department and is responsible for a wide variety of functions that support and build strategic marketing and public relations communications. Responsible for assisting with the development of compelling social media and other content to tell Project HOPE’s rich story through online and offline channels. This role will manage some administrative tasks and support fundraising, media relations and community outreach initiatives.
Assist with the development, design, format and scheduling of daily engaging social media content to compliment Project HOPE’s communication strategy.
Post social media content on a daily basis.
Monitor supporter engagement and respond on behalf of Project HOPE
Track, measure and report on the level of engagement within HOPE’s social media using social analytics and other key performance indicators
Inform communication team on social media trends.
Update website including designing and formatting images, formatting text, creating new web pages, homepage images, upload documents, when needed update forms, surveys, and format and send out email.
Perform basic video editing skills and video uploading to YouTube and Project HOPE website.
Participate in monthly planning and weekly update meetings.
Monitor the email inboxes for the Communications Team (newsletter/communications/social media)
Maintain Project HOPE’s global photo assets
Minimal weekend work required
Additional duties as assigned
- BA required. Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or International Relations/Communications preferred.
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Two to three years of experience creating and managing organizational social media
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong editing and grammatical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as cross-functional teams and external partners
- Highly organized, attention to detail, results oriented
- Ability to creatively find solutions to challenges
- Self-starting team player able to meet competing and demanding deadlines on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Social Media, CMS, Photoshop, HTML